We’ve just added the Facebook like-box to the default asides as you could see it on the right
sidebar and we want to share the way to do the same for your
By the way, you should like our Facebook page to see how it works and to get news about us :).
There is an existing plugin at https://github.com/geetotes/octopress-facebook-likebox introduced by https://github.com/imathis/octopress/wiki/3rd-party-plugins that does the work, however, we don’t think that plugin approach meets our requirements from our development philosophy.
- We want to adhere with existing octopress conventions of plugins management
- We want to avoid manual configuration
- We want to avoid any conflict as much as possible
- We want to upgrade the plugin seamlessly
- We want to do friendly
Gitand command lines.
That is the reason why we created octopress-facebook-like-box that meets our requirements.
To install and configure the plugin, please see instruction from README.md at https://github.com/hoatle/octopress-facebook-like-box
These are the detailed steps carried out for this blog:
- Merging: https://github.com/teracy-official/teracy-official-blog/commit/8f0da04d6366701b7c363b6792e8c74e9a9590df
- Installing: https://github.com/teracy-official/teracy-official-blog/commit/218149037da3857a4af2bb3f9c9106ec29544206
- Configuring: https://github.com/teracy-official/teracy-official-blog/commit/c4aadab5f7f035bc4604406b2a8686430f3d4989
If you haven’t tried
octopress yet, we had a guide for you to get started with so much fun and ease
If you want to improve anything, please let us know by commenting on this post or create a new issue at https://github.com/hoatle/octopress-facebook-like-box/issues or fork the project, hack and make a pull request, your contributions are all welcome.
Happy hacking and happy blogging!